My name is Shoshana Kessock and you might say I’m a few things.
- I’m a writer and game designer out of Brooklyn, New York. My full work can be seen here.
- I’m the creator of Phoenix Outlaw Productions, a game production company that I helm with my business partner, Josh Harrison.
- I’m a graduate of the NYU Game Center masters program in Game Design (Class of 2014).
- I was the organizer of the Living Games Conference, the first academic conference on live-action games in the United States, that happened in March 2014.
- I have spoken at conventions and events regarding game design, inclusivity, larp, women in game design and geek culture and safe space creation. Previous conventions include Pax, Escapist Expo, Metatopia, GeekGirlCon, Knudepunkt, WyrdCon, Dreamation, DexCon, InterCon, and GenCon. Check out the video of a few of my lectures and panel appearances here.
- I’ve worked as a blogger for places like Tor.com and LARPing.org, Ology.com, Jewneric.com and others.
When I’m not doing all that, I love taking photos and traveling and collecting all things geek. I’ve got a mad collection of Funko Pop figures, love watching pro-wrestling, playing fantastic co-op games with my friends, LARPing across the world, never go anywhere without a book to read, adore Stephen King and Neil Gaiman, and hope to have a dog one day I’ll name Mr. Beefy.
I’m in the middle of developing a tabletop RPG called Wanderlust, a novel called Doors Open, Wide Awake, and a passel of other shorter projects. My favorite things in the world are a good night’s sleep and guacamole. Not at the same time.
I can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or found kicking around on Twitter!